To make this site simpler, we place small data files on your computer known as cookies. Most of our cookies are strictly necessary in order for the website to function correctly and these cookies do not store any of your personal data.

We also allow you to choose whether to allow Google Analytics cookies or not. Google Analytics cookies improve our understanding of how you use the website so we can make sure it meets your needs. If you should choose to accept the Google Analytics cookie, we will still anonymise all data collected.

Click here to find out more on the SFO's privacy policy and use of cookies.

Analytics Cookies

Organisations offering information, support and advice

Organisations offering emotional support and practical help

Victim Support

If you have experienced fraud, you can contact the charity Victim Support for free and confidential support to help you move forward. Victim Support is the independent charity for people affected by crime across England and Wales.

Victim Support’s specially trained staff and volunteers will provide you with emotional and practical support that is tailored to your needs. All support is free, confidential and will continue for as long as you need




0808 16 89 111

Monday to Friday 8am – 8pm and 24 hours over weekends

Victim Information Service

Government funded website giving information on where to find support services local to your area. Information on the criminal justice system and what you can expect



Information line

0808 168 9293

Citizens Advice

Provides free, independent, confidential and impartial advice to everyone on their rights and responsibilities; including legal and civil rights, debit and money advice and consumer advice.

Citizens Advice also operate the Witness Service in all crown and magistrates’ courts in England and Wales

To find your local branch visit the website



Witness Service

0300 332 1000



Samaritans provides emotional support for anyone who is feeling overwhelmed – you don’t have to be suicidal. Whatever you’re going through, you can call in confidence for FREE any time from any phone. This number works from mobiles without credit and does not show up on phone bills. We listen, without judging. Or you can email or go to the website to find details of your nearest branch, where you can speak to trained volunteers face to face.



Free to call on

116 123



Age UK

Provides advice and information on a range of relevant topics including money concerns, health and wellbeing, and care. Website also has useful information on spotting scams and fraud.

To find a local branch visit the website



Advice line

0800 678 1174


Organisations offering information and advice on financial services

Financial Service Compensation Scheme

FSCS protect consumers when authorised financial services firms fail. They are the UK’s statutory fund of last resort for customers of financial services firms. FSCS can pay compensation to consumers if a financial services firm is unable, or likely to be unable, to pay claims against it. The FSCS is an independent body and do not charge individual consumers for using the service.




0800 678 1100 or

020 7741 4100

The Pensions Advisory Service (TPAS)


TPAS offer free and impartial personal guidance for workplace and personal pensions. They can talk you through some of the things you might want to think about, and possible implications of the decisions you make.





0300 123 1047

Financial Conduct Authority (FCA)


The FCA is the conduct regulator for financial service firms and financial markets in the UK. Consumers can find out about their rights with banking, insurance, mortgages and financial advice. Also how to complain and avoid scams



Pension Wise

Free and impartial government guidance about pension options.




0800 1383944 for a free appointment

the Money Advice Service

Free and impartial money advice, set up by government. Advice provided on improving finances, with tools and calculators to assist in planning. Support given over the phone or online.





0800 138 7777



Provides consumer advice and information on pensions