Lisa Osofsky named next Director of the SFO
4 Mehefin, 2018 | Eitemau newyddion
The Attorney General’s Office has today announced that Lisa Osofsky will be the next Director of the Serious Fraud Office.
Interim Director Mark Thompson will continue in post until she joins the SFO on 28 August*, at which point he will return to his permanent role as Chief Operating Officer.
Lisa Osofsky said:
“I am honoured to be the next Director of the Serious Fraud Office. I look forward to building on the SFO’s successful record in the fight against economic crime and leading an emboldened SFO to even greater heights.”
Mark Thompson said:
“Lisa has had a distinguished international career focusing on financial crime in both law enforcement and private sector roles.
“I look forward to welcoming her and working with her when she takes over the leadership of the SFO.”
Lisa Osofsky joins the SFO from Exiger, where she was a Managing Director and Regional Leader and Head of Investigations for Europe, the Middle East and Africa. She previously worked as a US federal prosecutor pursuing a range of white collar crime and has prosecuted over 100 cases for the US Government.
Notes to editors:
- Lisa Osofsky will begin her tenure as Director of the Serious Fraud Office on 3 September, for a term of five years (renewable). Her biography is annexed to the AGO announcement.
- David Green’s term as Director ended on 20th April after six years in total.
- In April 2018, Mark Thompson was appointed as Director on an interim basis.
- As set out in the Criminal Justice Act 1987, the Attorney General appoints the Director of the Serious Fraud Office.
- *Please note this date has been altered from 3 September to 28 August 2018.